Learn & Live the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our Homes by Serving as Jesus Served
High Council - July 2015
He that is greatest among you shall be the Servant of All
Brethren: In your July Speaking assignments will you please focus your talks and invitations on the scriptural stories below.
“Whosoever Will Be Chief Among You, Let Him be Your Servant”
- The mother of James and John wants them to sit on right and left of Christ, which creates contention among other apostles.
“For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister”
- James and John want to sit with Christ, this creates contention among apostles.
“If any many desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.”
- Disciples dispute about who is greatest. Jesus sets a child in the midst of them. Note JST on verse 37 – humble himself 'like unto' a child
“I am among you as he that serveth”
- At last supper there is strife among disciples about who is greatest.
“He that is greatest among you shall be your servant.”
- Jesus teaches the people to observe the sayings but not the deeds of the Scribes and Pharisees.
“For I have given you an example that you should do as I have done to you.”
- Jesus washes apostles’ feet and teaches them to serve each other as he has done.
“Go, and do thou likewise.”
- Parable of the Good Samaritan
This was lovely to rread
Interesting links to Family Search Indexing that I post or find on Facebook that I would like to be able to find in the future ..